Tuesday 28 June 2016

The Galaxy is Safe


Yes, fear not noble reader, for the Galaxy is suitably Guarded.  Or at least the possibility of it being guarded exists now that the Guardians of The Galaxy are finished.  All in all, they were an experience to paint.  Gamora clearly wins the worst technical casting I have seen in a long time, in terms of the quality of the work, whereas Rocket is clearly a terribly 2 dimensional sculpt.  Drax and Groot were nice to work with, whereas Starlord, well, as was pointed out to me, he has VERY long legs.



As you can probably see, this is the last of the figures to be painted.  Still not certain I wouldn't want the coat to have a slightly more orange colour, but it will do.  The orb is waiting for some of the new citadel Gem paint, and then it will be fully complete (well, that and Drax tattoo's.  Shhh, don't tell anyone, they might not notice).
All in all, I'm reasonably proud of them, and think that they will do well on the tabletop.  I still have Nova to paint, and I'm still holding out for a Howard the Duck to complete them (Will they let me use my POP Vinyl that I bought after the Wife showed me the film as a proxy?)

You'll have noticed (Maybe) that I stopped doing the step by steps on these before I had finished them all.  Thats simply because it was pointed out to me that Tabletop Gamer did the same thing.  Since they are better than me, all I can say is go, read theirs.

Comments and Criticism welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment