Monday 25 July 2016

Who do you have in the Deadpool?

So, continuing the time off spent working through projects, I have now finished painting Deadpool.

Nothing too much to say.  The cast was considerably better than some of the Knight Models casts that I have seen.  The arms needed a minimal amount of filling.  So, without futher ado, the pictures.



 The paint job was fairly simple  Red over white undercoat, highlighted up in stages through Mephiston Red through Evil Suns Scarlet.  The black was applied, and then the straps were painted in Dryad Bark.

The biggest struggle with this model was working out what the uniform should look like.  Every image that I found had a different layout for the red and black areas on the body of the suit.  In the end, I found one picture that had multiple views, and went with that.  I don't know if it is "official" but it works and is clearly recognisable as the character it is meant to be from gaming distances.

I should also note that Deadpool, along with the Guardians of the Galaxy have the honour of being models that are allowed to live on the bookcase in the front room.  Thanks for that The Wife.

Comments and criticism are welcome, although I know that the pictures are not of the highest quality, being taken on my phone camera.

1 comment:

  1. Always happy to have an extra Deadpool, painted so amazingly. Thanks for the blog link. Husband points amassed in the thousands!

    ReplyDelete